Recreation LeaderRecreation Leader
The Recreation Leader creates, plans and implements individual and group programs and leisure engagement which meet physical, cognitive, social, spiritual sensory and affective needs of residents. Recreation Service delivery is in accordance with the residents plan of care. Recreation Leaders are an integral and active member of the interdisciplinary team providing recreation/leisure assessments and care plan.
• Plan and coordinate a diverse program of activities for residents based upon their interest, needs and abilities in accordance with the Recreation Service Model.
• Organizes and conducts community outings and special events
• Maintains current knowledge of best practices and awareness of medical contraindications to ensure residents safety and well-being.
• Utilizes strong leadership and creativity to motivate and empower others to actively engage in leisure and foster choice and independence.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation preferred or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a therapeutic recreation or similar role preferred.
• Knowledge of skilled nursing facilities and applicable regulations desired
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with clients, participants, residents, and families from diverse backgrounds.