Director of Risk Management- Registered Nurse
Van Duyn Center is accepting resumes for a RN with strong clinical background and investigative skills. The right candidate will be responsible for reviewing incident reports, conducting investigations, and writing the investigative synopsis. The role requires reviewing the incidents in accordance with the New York State Department of Health incident reporting manual. The position is Monday-Friday, with reporting to the Administrator.
- Incident report management and triage of investigations
- Review of incidents in accordance with the NYS Department of Health incident reporting criteria
- Investigation of clinical complaints or concerns
- Medical record reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Review of clinical outcomes and quality measures with recommendation
- Liaison for clinical concerns with other healthcare organizations
- Meeting with patients/residents and family members as needed to discuss clinical concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize own work.
- Skill in communicating professionally, effectively, and courteously in all situations and in all media forms (verbal and written).
- Work experience using investigative and specialized health practice skills, researching, recording, and developing case files.
- Theoretical knowledge and clinical expertise in a healthcare profession evaluating actions within the scope of practice