On day of admission, the new resident or resident’s representative (preferably power-of-attorney) is expected to complete the Admissions Agreement in the Business Department. A Social Worker will also be in contact within the first few days. Please expect to spend about 1 hour with each on paperwork.
Please bring the following with you on the day of admission:
- Power of Attorney paperwork
- Health Care Proxy paperwork
- Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
- Living Will – Non Hospital DNR
- Medicare and Health Insurance Cards
- If private pay – bring check for 1st 30 days
- Immunization records if available
- Eyeglass prescription or information regarding eyeglasses, if available
- Any information regarding new resident’s social history, i.e. information regarding parent, siblings, education, employment, military service history
- At least 7-10 days of clothing (must be able to withstand high heat laundry)
- Rubber soled shoes or sneakers
- Equipment such as wheelchair or walker if resident has them and has been using them at home
- Underwear, socks, pajamas if desired
- Cable ready television 19” to 22” (Cable is provided free of charge)
- Room Telephone (service is provided free of charge)
RESIDENT MAY BRING:
- Twin-sized bedspread or comforter
- A few knick-knacks (items that will help provide a “home-like” atmosphere)
For more information, please contact the Director of Admissions, Kellie Martin at (315) 449-6078.
Barber/Beauty Shop – The beauty shop is open Monday through Friday; the barber shop is open Tuesday. Resident is responsible for cost of these services.
Gift Shoppe – The gift shop is located on the second floor for resident and staff shopping convenience.
Cafeteria – The cafeteria is located on the 2nd floor, open to residents, staff and family.
Resident Banking – Residents may choose to set up a bank account in the business office, located on the 1st floor.